The EXCELL Series 7000 Dry Polymer Auger Feeder is engineered to provide a reliable means of feeding dry polymers and other difficult to feed materials. The material being fed is vacuumed by the Polyductor suction air flow. This prevents polymer build up. The feed rate is controlled by variable speed gear motor.
The feeder is easy to operate and simple to maintain.
The EXCELL Dry Polymer Auger Feeder assembly is a modular system. It is available complete with tanks and pumps. It can also be adapted for use with existing tanks.
The EXCELL Polyductor, patent pending, is a high efficiency eductor engineered specially for difficult to handle materials such as dry polymers. The polyductor generates the high vacuum airflow needed to transport the polymer. Design transport velocity is 3000 ft/min (800 m/min). This velocity assures that the polymer keeps the conveying tube clean without eroding it.
The polyductor uses the dilution water to generate the transport vacuum airflow. The dilution water is accelerated up to 4000 ft/min (1060 m/min) in a high efficiency nozzle. The high velocity water flow generates the vacuum by entraining air as it exits the nozzle.
The high speed collision between the polymer granules and the water stream assures fine dispersion of the polymer granules. This results in faster hydration and minimizes the required aging time for maximum polymer activation.
The polyductor keeps itself clean by using some of the dilution water flow to keep all the surfaces clear of polymer build-up. It is easy to disassemble for inspection.
The dry polymer conveying tube is made of translucent Nylon. It allows the operators to see the polymer flow. The non-stick properties of Nylon allow free flow even in high humidity conditions.
The standard polyductor dilution water flow capacities range from 10 to 100 GPM (40 to 400 LPM). They can transport and hydrate up to 4 pounds/min (2 Kg/min) of dry polymer. The dry polymer can be transported vertically up to 15 feet (5 m) and horizontally up to 30 feet (10 m).
- The dry polymer suction tube is translucent to allow observation of the polymer flow.
- The standard hopper has a 1.5 ft3 (42L) capacity.
- A hopper screen traps polymer lumps.
- A hopper vibrator assures consistent polymer flow.
- A hopper bottom drain allows complete draining of the hopper contents.
- The feeder frame, the hopper, and the auger are all made of stainless steel. The hopper lid is gasketed.
- A dehumidifying air heater provides low humidity air to the feeder discharge.
- Proximity sensors monitor that polymer is being fed.
- A spring loaded plate keeps the auger discharge sealed until the feeder is operated. The plate is retracted by an air operated cylinder when the auger is in operation.
- The auger feed rate can be easily checked.
- The top of the 1.5 ft3 (42L) capacity hopper is only 30″ (76 cm) above grade. It provides a comfortable height without the use of platforms.
- A low flow switch monitors the dilution water flow to the Polyductor. The feeder operates with dilution water pressure from 40 to 100 psi (2.7 to 6.8 BAR)
- PLC control, with an operator interface, provides improved reliability.
- The feeder runs on 120 VAC. Power consumption is less than 10 Amps.
- Larger capacity hoppers.
- Frame with hoist to allow the use of bulk bags.
- Control packages for filling tanks that are placed one over the other and gravity drained.
- Control package for filling tanks that are placed next to each other.
- Control packages for filling one tank.
- Mixing-Aging tanks sized to meet your needs.
- Solution transfer or metering pumps.
- Voltages other than 120 VAC.
- Custom designs to meet your needs.
7010Feed Rate Water
Flow Rate1 to 25 lbs (0.5 to 11 Kg)
480 to 600 GPH (1800 to 2270 LPH)
7020Feed Rate Water
Flow Rate2 to 50 lbs (1 to 22 Kg)
960 to 1200 GPH (3600 to 4500 LPH)
7030Feed Rate Water
Flow Rate3 to 75 lbs (1.5 to 33 Kg)
1440 to 1800 GPH (5450 to 6800 LPH)
7040Feed Rate Water
Flow Rate4 to 100 lbs (2 to 45 Kg)
1920 to 2400 GPH (7200 to 9000 LPH)
7080Feed Rate Water
Flow Rate8 to 200 lbs (4 to 90 Kg)
3840 to 4800 GPH (14400 to 18000 LPH)
7100Feed Rate Water
Flow Rate10 to 300 lbs (5 to 135 Kg)
4800 to 6000 GPH (18200 to 22700 LPH)
Document Type Notes Product Brochure General Layout Drawing